FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
In 2021, it was announced that Gap and Next were delighted to enter into a joint venture. Please see further information below.
What does this mean?
As a customer, you can continue to shop Gap products online at gap.co.uk, and later this summer you will be able to enjoy greater delivery and return benefits when shopping on this site. A Gap shop-in-shop has opened at Next’s flagship store on 120 Oxford Street, London, and you will see further Gap stores open later in the year.
Is gap.co.uk closing?
Gap.co.uk is not closing, however later this summer, Next will become the host of a new total platform website, still located at gap.co.uk. You’ll still be able to shop all your favourite Gap women’s and men’s, maternity, kids and baby products, it simply means the gap.co.uk website will be operated by Next behind the scenes.
Can I return or exchange an order placed on Gap.co.uk?
Returns in respect of orders placed on gap.co.uk or gap.eu must be made within 14 days from receipt of the items, in line with our current Returns Policy.
As Gap’s UK Distribution Centre will soon be closing, Gap is unable to process returns for any items posted to Gap after 30th August 2022. Please retain proof of postage. This does not affect your statutory rights. If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.
After 30th August 2022, if you have any queries surrounding an order placed on gap.co.uk or gap.eu prior to Next launching the new gap.co.uk website, including any queries in respect of faulty products, please contact the Customer Service team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For orders made on, or after, the new gap.co.uk website launches in August
Later this summer, Next will become the host of Gap’s website and orders made on this new website will be subject to Next’s Return Policy. Find out more, by clicking here.
What if I have a faulty Gap item?
Your statutory rights are not affected. If you have a faulty item, please contact our customer service team at email@example.com.
Have any Gap stores reopened on the high street?
Yes, on 14th March 2022, Gap opened a shop-in-shop at Next’s flagship store on 120 Oxford Street, London. The 4,400 square foot retail space stocks a selection of Gap’s womenswear, menswear, kidswear and baby clothing.
Will more Gap stores open?
Yes, additional Gap shop-in-shop stores are planned to open in other locations across the UK, later in 2022.
What will happen to the current websites?
- Gap.co.uk will transition to the Next total platform later this summer, and will still be located at gap.co.uk
- The gap.eu site is scheduled to close at 11.59pm GMT on 20th July 2022. Customers in ROI will have the opportunity to shop at next.ie/gap, and customers across other locations in Europe will have the opportunity to shop Gap products on various Gap franchise websites, depending on their location.
What additional services will the new gap.co.uk total platform website have for the customer, that it previously didn’t have?
- Next day delivery to a UK home for £3.99.
- Next day delivery is available on orders made up to 11pm the day before.
- Next Unlimited customers will continue to get delivery included for their £20 yearly fee.
- Free next day delivery to any Next or Gap store.
- Click & Collect options to over 500 UK Next stores.
- A returns process that includes:
- Free returns to any Gap or Next store
- Returns collected from your UK home for just £2
- Next Pay and Next 3Step is available to all customers, and single click checkout (one button) is available to existing Next Pay / Next 3Step customers.
- Gap products are also available on next.co.uk for ease of shopping and a seamless customer experience.
What will happen to my data?
In the short term, existing Gap customer data will continue to be held by Gap in accordance with the terms of its Privacy Notice. From 13th May 2022, Gap started to transfer limited data to Next in order to facilitate your account creation for the new site.
You can exercise your privacy rights at all times in accordance with Gap’s Privacy Notice.
When Next launches the new Gap website, your information will be transferred to Next, who will become the data controller of your information. If you’d like more detail on what this means for how your data will be processed, please click here.
After the new website has launched, Gap will retain a copy of your data in accordance with the terms of its Privacy Notice, to allow Gap to manage any service queries, returns or recalls for orders placed on the previous Gap site.
To unsubscribe or to opt out of your data being transferred to Next, please contact Gap customer services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can products purchased online be returned in store?
- No, not at this time. Currently, only product(s) purchased in the new Gap store can be returned to the new Gap store.
- Product(s) purchased on gap.co.uk must be returned using the current online returns policy. For full details of our gap.co.uk returns policy, please click here.
Why are prices different online and in store?
- Gap.co.uk offers a wider selection of products and promotions that are exclusive to online, and not available in store.
- Gap.co.uk also offers free delivery if you spend £35 or more.
Can a customer pay using a Gap gift card / merchandise return card?
- No. Customers who purchased gift cards issued before 1st March 2022 should contact email@example.com.
- It’s also not possible to use Gap gift cards outside the country of purchase.
Can customers return Gap items that were purchased before 14th March 2022 in a Gap store?
No. Gap stores closed in the UK in September 2021. The returns window was within 30 days of purchase.
Is the Gap+ loyalty app still available?
No. The Gap+ loyalty app closed in September 2021. Customers can stay up to date with Gap and receive exclusive offers by signing up to receive Gap emails.